sisters inc

sisters inc

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Relationships in College


When I first came to college I was in a relationship with my “high school sweetheart” of four years. Yes I was one those girls that felt like we would be together forever and that it was against the world blah blah blah lol. I just knew we was meant for each other, but little did I know, it would end shortly after I started college (two months to be exact). I was heartbroken like anybody else would be that I was stressing out causing my hair to fallout (by the way the back will not grow back to its original length lol). That was a tough first start of college smh, but I managed to make it through with the help of my friends at the time (some of them are no longer my friends). It took me just about a whole year to fully get over him and yes I’m still single. But I would tell you that in this time that I have been single I have learned a lot about myself and what I want from a guy, cause boyyy I tell you I came across a different kind of species of men in these two years smh, that I even just gave up hope until September 2011 (but I always remained focused on me and my school work). I decided to give this one person a chance (four months to be exact) and as of Saturday I found out he was trying to play me over winter break up until the first week on school smh, boys always playing games, so I’m done with that one.
The moral of my story is, when you go to college everyone expects people to be more mature and act their age in not they shoe size but some people are still simply immature and not ready to grow up. Being in a relationship in college should not be anyone’s main focus because it tends to take away your focus from your school work and yourself (that happened to my friend so now she has to play catch-up). If you do happen to be in relationship that’s all fine and dainty but don’t ever let it steer you in the opposite direction of what’s in important. Also please just keep your eyes open and do not ignore the red flags that appear in your face like I did because if I would have paid attention then maybe just maybe I wouldn't have gotten played like I did lol (I laugh because it’s funny to me now). Finally please remember to make your school work is always number like I did and still do, because you do not want to have to play catch up and be a year behind like some people I know (not that relationships were the only reasons they fail behind but it played a part) because I refuse to pay Aurora University 28,000 of my dollars after the years of 2013 unless it is for graduate school.
P.S do not worry about relationships in college, just worry about yourself and education!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading
                                                                                                                                                                Mz. Berry

Author: Shanequia Berry
King College Prep Hs: Class of 2009
Aurora University: Class of 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment