sisters inc

sisters inc

Monday, January 2, 2012

Tis the Season for New Beginnings!

Happy New Year and New Beginnings to you all!! I have been very blessed in 2011, but I know there are more blessings to come in this new year! I am very excited for what God has in store for S.I.S.T.E.R.S.Inc. We have been through quite a few changes and I knew its for the better! I am submitting this blog today to encourage those to not just have a New Years Resolution, but a 2012 Challenge!!!! Ask yourself: what did you want to accomplish in 2011? Did you complete it? Did you even get close to it?? Did you even start it???
I have spoken to quite a few people about things that they see and want to change, but I haven't really seen them move on it. Why is that? What are you so afraid of?? Failure??? I can understand that part but then again I don't. Just to give you a brief testimony: In January 2010, I quit my job of four years. It was my only source of income, not to mention I moved into my first apartment, got a new car (and a bigger car note), and a puppy. For those that know and understand the expenses that come along with those things, I'm sure you get where I'm going!! Yes, a lot of responsibility! I wasn't happy where I was working and where I was going, there was no room for growth and I knew it was my time to go. My family and friends thought I was crazy for doing it, but I knew there was a better plan for my life, and I was ready for my program to take off. Above all those things God gave me the green-light to go. Now I would have been hesitant to do it on my own, but I knew what I heard and there was no turning back. Was I nervous??? Heck YEAH!!!! But I trusted God. Needless to say that was a very rocky year! S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc was launched, I lost loved ones, depleted all of my resources and even lost partial vision in my left eye. I believe I had to go through those things because God wanted me to trust Him the whole way through this journey of Faith. Even when it looked like all hope was gone, God showed me favor: S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc. was really moving forward with a new vision. We became a vendor of Chicago Public Schools and the program began to grow!  I regained my health: spiritually, physically and mentally! My vision for S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc. did not die in the mist of all that I was going through! I had to hold on to my vision. Not to mention there were some awesome people I met along the way that aided me in this process.
2011 was a bumpy journey as well, but a blessed one! I have been blessed with so people I have encountered that I can't go anywhere but further! I've been linked with awesome people such as: Michele Taylor, Executive Director and Tracey Hawk-Sydnor, Creator of 365 Girl Foundation/Book and Arkeelaus Sherman, founder of Kee 2 Creativity, and the list will be going on and on!!  With all this being said, I challenge you to write your vision down and began to walk into the things that God has called you to. And if you're down with the 2012 Challenge fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride!!! It's gonna be a crazy ride but its worth every minute!! 

God Bless!
From the Founder

No comments:

Post a Comment