sisters inc

sisters inc

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hey Stephanie!!

Hi! My name is Stephanie Bonaroti. I am 22 years old and originally from Pittsburgh, PA. I studied music and math in college at the University of Notre Dame. Now, I’m getting my masters at the University of Chicago, focusing on music.
I joined S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc. for a few reasons. First, I like being around teenagers, which you don’t see a lot of at a university. So, I really wanted to do something that would let me be around younger people, especially girls! Secondly, I like school. S.I.S.T.E.R.S. was a way for me to be involved with schools without being the one who had to give you homework and tests. Third, I’ve always enjoyed being a part of my community, wherever that is in each part of my life. Just moving to Chicago, I’m excited to get to know the local neighborhood, most importantly the people that live in these neighborhoods, and hopefully feel like I’m part of the community, too!
For me, the most important thing to achieve by volunteering with S.I.S.T.E.R.S. is to make a positive difference in the lives of these girls. That could be helping one girl apply to college, giving someone more confidence, or even creating new friendships. There will be a lot of things, as a volunteer, that I am hoping to communicate to the group of girls that we work with. Through our meetings, though, I think the girls will have things to teach me, too. I hope that S.I.S.T.E.R.S. will be a sisterhood not only for them, but also for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment