sisters inc

sisters inc

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hey Vinny!!

Hello! My name is Vincent Caputo. I'm excited to get started with this program. Ok, so about me: I'm the youngest of four children. I have two older sisters and one older brother, all who live in different parts of the country but we are all very close. I was raised in upstate New York but moved to Portland, OR just after I graduated high school. I attended undergraduate school at Portland State University where I majored in Film production/studies and minored in Spanish. In 2011 I lived in Querétaro, Mexico for six months as a way to improve my spanish speaking ability and to experience living in a different culture. I am currently in the Master's in Humanities program at the University of Chicago with a focus in Cinema and Media Studies (which basically means I really like movies and am gonna try really hard to make a career out of it).
The main reason I was interested in volunteering for the Service Match program is that I feel like if I have the time, the inclination, and the ability to try and help people out, I don't know why I wouldn't. My mom was a teacher for nearly her entire adult life and I've always admired the ethic that comes with the role of a teacher or a mentor. I gained experience with teaching while I was in college and most likely will continue on that path when I graduate from uchicago. When you're young, having positive adult influences in your life can make all the difference. I know it did for me, and that's what I'm hoping to be a part of with S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment