sisters inc

sisters inc

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My S.I.S.T.E.R.S. Keeper


 I love my S.I.S.T.E.R.S! I have developed into a stronger young lady over my four years as a member of the S.I.S.T.E.R.S Inc. mentoring program. The wisdom I have acquired from this program has helped mold my character in pursuit of success. I was a little sister, or mentee, when I first became involved with S.I.S.T.E.R.S Inc., which was originally known as Big Sister Little Sister. It was difficult for me to be confident, independent, and sociable as a freshman. This program helped improve my self-esteem and communication skills. Several activities such as the fashion show, sleepover, “girls’ day out”, and bonfire party created a stronger bond among us. We had confidential discussions about issues we all experienced. We understood, trusted, and cared for one another. Being a mentee gave me guidance of how to be an excellent mentor.
     It is now my responsibility to provide knowledge and guidance to my mentee as a big sister. Ms. Owens and prior big sisters have enlightened me with valuable morals that I carry and instill into my little sitter. This program has inspired, prepared, encouraged, and provided me with knowledge through an array of enriching activities that helped my self esteem, character and leadership. It taught me the importance of respecting others and myself, promoting community service, and creating a future. It helped mold me into a well-developed young woman. I will always live by our motto, which states, “we may not be bonded by blood, but we will always be a sisterhood. S.I.S.T.E.R.S Inc. is more than a program to include on my resume. It’s an asset to my family!
Author:Demetrius McClay
 King College Prep: Class of 2011
College: Howard University, Class of 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment